Rolling into the fray with his newly upgraded battle mech, the champion of the Scrapyardâ€”Wrecking Ballâ€”our newestÂ TankÂ hero, is ready to flatten foes and bulldoze frontlines on his way to victory!
Hammond, also known as â€œSpecimen 8,â€ was genetically modified during his time on Horizon Lunar Colony and, like Winston, was granted increased size and intelligence as a result. He is a witty and conniving creature that loves to cause mischief. During the rebellion on Horizon, he secretly attached his escape pod to the back of Winstonâ€™s ship, hitching a ride to planet Earth to save himself from imminent destruction. He crash-landed in the Australian Outback near Junkertown, and over time upgraded his escape pod into a formidable mech, soon becoming a force to be reckoned with known as Wrecking Ball. He doesnâ€™t speak any human languages, but his mech automatically translates his voice in a fittingly menacing tone.
Wrecking Ball brings a plethora of unique traits to the roster of tanks available in Overwatch. He can switch between a bipedal Combat mode with high-capacity machine guns and a Roll mode allowing him to cruise through maps and enemies alike with great speed. Entering the fray, his large health pool and shield-generating capabilities give him resilience when initiating and finishing battles. If that wasnâ€™t scary enough, he can climb and swing on surfaces using his Grappling Claw and perform Piledrive, a devastating ground smash, to enemies below. In addition to setting up Piledrive, Wrecking Ballâ€™s Grappling Claw enables him to reach top speed. Top speed increases his basic movement speed, damaging and knocking back foes in his path. His ultimate ability Minefield is just as versatile, allowing him to set a trap and control routes, or simply trigger a large area-of-effect explosion for enemies in the immediate vicinity.
- Quad Cannons: Wrecking Ball fires machine guns
- Adaptive Shield: Grants Wrecking Ball a number of temporary shields based on the number of enemies nearby
- Roll: Wrecking Ball transforms into a sphere with increased speed
- Grappling Claw: While in Roll mode, Wrecking Ball can launch a short grappling hook to attach to surfaces, swing around, clear gaps, and move upwards. Using this ability allows Wrecking Ball to gain momentum, dealing damage and knocking back enemies upon impact
- Piledriver: Wrecking Ball slams down from the air, pulling enemies towards the center of impact and dealingÂ damage
- Minefield (Ultimate): Wrecking Ball litters the ground around him with damage-dealing proximity mines