What better way to beat the heat than with some Overwatch action?Â Summer Games 2018 will take place from now until August 31stand will feature new skins, a new LÃºcioball map, andÂ the return of all the previous Summer Games items.Â
50+ brand new 2018 Summer Games itemsÂ as well as the whole suite of past exclusives, available inÂ Summer Games Loot Boxes
- 6 new Legendary Skins â€“ Cabana Ana, Fastball Zenyatta, Gridironhardt Reinhardt, Lacrosse Roadhog, Waveracer D.Va, and Catcher Winston
- 3 new Epic Skins â€“ Mexicana Sombra, Ã‰ireannach Moira, and Tre Kronor Brigitte
- Over 200 total Summer Games themed cosmetics from throughout the years to collect!
Return of the Summer Games Exclusive Brawl, LÃºcioball!
- An Overwatch twist on traditional football/soccer, each team pilots three LÃºcios scoring goals on a playing field modified for use of his Wall Ride
- Control the ball with melee attacks or sound waves, make use of the Crossfade and Amp It Up abilities for mobility, as well as boost movement speed and jump height with the new Turbo Boost Ultimate
- Three unique arenas to play on, including the brand-newÂ Busan Stadium, as well as the previous maps Sydney Harbour and EstÃ¡dio das RÃ£s (Rio)
- Last yearâ€™sÂ Copa LÃºcioballÂ returns, with the Competitive Play ladder structure and placement matches for players to show off their skills
HERO CHANGES WITH SUMMER GAMES PATCH
- Instantly heals a target for 300 health
- Range increased from 30 to 40 meters
Blizzard added this change in an effort to give Ana a bit more flexibility in how her ultimate ability is used. Generally, this should make Ana more “usable,” Blizzard said.
- Cool down increased from six to seven seconds
- An option to control Brigitteâ€™s Repair Pack targeting sensitivity has been added under Options > Controls > Brigitte
Shield Bash is one of the more powerful abilities in the game, and Blizzard made this adjustment to give enemies more of a chance to play around the ability.
- Passive energy regeneration rate increased from two per second to 2.4 per second
Moira will be able to heal more in situations where there aren’t any enemies to draw energy from.
- Aura radius increased from 10 meters to 12 meters
- Temporary shields granted increased from 500 to 750
LÃºcio needs to be a bit more reliable in his healing range, allowing more allies to stay within his area-of-effect. His shield increase is to make Sound Barrier more effective against burst damage, like Junkrat’s RIP-Tire.
- Healing beam reduced from 60 healing per second to 50 healing per second
Mercy used to be a must-pick in mostÂ OverwatchÂ matches, and Blizzard decided to nerf her healing output to give other heroes a chance.
Beyond support hero tweaks, Blizzard made a lot more adjustments toÂ Overwatchcharacters. This patch is a doozy. The rest of the changes are as follows, straight from Blizzard.
- No longer impacts Symmetra’s Teleporter
- Now destroys Symmetra’s Sentry Turrets without stopping his movement
- Cool down increased from four to five seconds
- Reduced the size of Sombra’s head hit volume
- Decorative insignia no longer protrudes from the shield’s surface
- Cool down increased from eight seconds to 10 seconds
- Drain rate reduced from two per second to 1.6 per second
- Radius reduced from eight to six meters
- Primary fire range increased from 10 to 12
Channeled and transformation ultimate abilities now restore ammunition after completion for some heroes
- Channeled abilities affected: Junkratâ€™s RIP-Tire, Pharahâ€™s Barrage, Roadhogâ€™s Whole Hog, and Zenyattaâ€™s Transcendence
- Transformation abilities affected: Genjiâ€™s Dragonblade, Winstonâ€™s Primal Rage